Today, the validity of traditional antler medicine claims is being proven by western clinical and scientific research of deer velvet. Ongoing research into the benefits of velvet is attracting worldwide attention.
To date, the research results are showing that this ancient remedy may be one of nature’s safest multipurpose sources of energy.
Scientific studies with deer velvet have so far concentrated on testing for growth, endurance and stamina, immunology, and anti-inflammatory activity.
Because deer velvet is the only living mammalian tissue that grows and is shed each year, it is believed to be a treasure trove of biologically active substances.
Extensive research in Russia, China, Korea and New Zealand has shown that deer velvet contains a rich source of essential minerals, vitamins, major amino acids and other nutrients.
These include natural steroids, male and female hormones, anti-inflammatory prostaglandins (cell function regulators that tell the body how to respond to inflammation, tissue injury and pain), the protein collagen (well known for promoting healthy skin and hair), and the natural growth hormone IGF-1.
For centuries it’s been used to control blood pressure, increase hemoglobin levels, increase lung efficiency, improve recuperation, improve muscle tone and glandular functions, sharpen mental alertness, relieve the inflammation of arthritis and heal stomach ulcers.
Antler medicine has been shown to:
- Contains a rich source of essential minerals, vitamins, major amino acids and other nutrients. These include natural steroids, male and female hormones, anti-inflammatory prostaglandin’s (cell function regulators that tell the body how to respond to inflammation, tissue injury and pain), the protein and the natural growth hormone IGF-1.
- Stimulates the immune system, the body’s main line of defense against infection and disease.
- Contains natural anti-inflammatory agents, such as natural glucosamine and chondroitin sulphate, which stimulate manufacture of cartilage components necessary for joint repair and assist and reduction the pain and inflammation of a variety of disease such as arthritis.
- Contains calcium and hormones to help preventing osteoporosis.
- Increase muscular strength and endurance, increase lung efficiency.
- Demonstrate androgenic and gonadotropic effect and enhance the libido and general sexual function for both men and women.
- Improve blood circulation, generate hemoglobin (blood protein) and control blood pressure